Sunday, August 23, 2015

Welcome!

Hello! Thanks for stopping by. My name is Kelsey and I am delighted to be "your token vegan friend". Everyone needs at least one, right? ;-)

I described myself as "the token vegan" of the group while on a bar-hopping Christmas caroling event because I needed drinks of the dairy-free variety at the bars we visited. While trying to come up with a blog name, which is truly one of my biggest challenges in life, I remembered that occasion and thought, why not? So "Your Token Vegan Friend" was born.

I have been vegan for about a year and a half and was vegetarian for 7 years prior. Going vegan and delving into how to do so healthfully led me to realize what I want to do with my life, and that is to completely switch gears professionally and become a registered dietician. Thus my brain is filled with a lot of thoughts on these things that are relatively new to me and I need somewhere to spill them out.

I'll be posting about vegan related issues, share recipes, thoughts and information on environmental issues, nutritional information, stories of my experiences, animal rights, book reviews and more!

Thanks for visiting, and please come back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment